Sunday, May 18, 2008

Barack, Think Twice Before Choosing Hillary...

As I listened to the right wing pundits make the case for an Obama/Clinton "dream ticket" as they put it, an uncomfortable thought came to mind. I almost dare not say such a thing in public but what the heck, I'm amongst friends and we'll just keep it between our little group..OK? If I were to get an opportunity to chat with Senator Obama away from the adoring crowds I would advise him to think twice before putting himself in a position where his untimely demise would mean that Hillary Clinton becomes President. Now I'm not outright inferring that she would do him bodily harm, but hey...things happen. Planes go down in remote mountainous regions of underdeveloped countries, stuff like that.

Lets face it, Hillary's arguments reveal some pretty creative desperation. I think her latest argument is that she leads in the popular vote if you count Florida and Michigan, ignore the votes in the Caucus States, divide the number of voters by the score of the last six Super Bowls won by the AFC minus the point spread, then multiply that by the percentage of voters in West Virginia who suffer from severe periodontal disease. There is no logical bridge too far to leap for Hillary to make the argument for her candidacy.

Personally, I don't think I would want a person who is so desperate for the Presidency that they have created their own reality waiting for me to "expire" or otherwise be removed from office. Now let me be very clear, I am not in any way saying that the Clintons would be plotting on Senator Obama day and night...but hey...things happen.

No comments: